Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Brief Site Update/Life Update - Upcoming Projects, Lack of Posts...



Hey everybody,

If you read this blog on a daily basis as some 500+ seem to do according to my uniques, you've probably noticed the little subtitle above, where it says this blog is updated daily. It actually used to have a more elaborate and vulgar thing on it, but I took it down in an ill fated attempt to look legitimate while under review for a critics association. Fuckers. Anyway, if you've been paying attention for the past few weeks, you might have noticed that I've missed a day twice in the last month or so, after an otherwise sterling record of posting random unreadable shit daily. Well, I'm here to let you know that that's...probably going to continue.

Here's the thing - writing a daily blog is hard as shit when you also have a regular job. I've prided myself on being able to post essay length material so frequently, and I've been able to do this because on the weekends, I have time to write multiple pieces in preparation for the next week. The problem is, the last few weeks I have been dedicated to a special project of late that has occupied most of my weekends. It's actually kind of fun. See, I'm writing a screenplay with my friend and colleague Nate Zoebl that was actually inspired by a post on this blog. Guess which one of these movie pitches I'm working on (HINT: it's probably the one I say I think I'm going to write as a script).

Anyway, just wanted to drop a line and say that the situation is temporary, and as soon as we're finished, I should be back to full steam, but until then, expect more missed days as other shit gets in the way. On the plus side, I'm thinking of devoting at least one day a week to posting regular updates on the screenwriting process, as well as with other ideas for movies I think I might want to write next. So stay tuned, and sorry for the lack of free content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...